Milestone Advocaten has one accountancy law specialist: Marc Kelder. He has a broad range of expertise and has advised in both SME accountancy cases up to the highest-profile cases in this field. His rate is usually far more competitive than that of his peer group colleagues. This area of law includes:
- the handling of complaints to prevent disciplinary and other proceedings
- disciplinary proceedings brought before the Accountancy Division and the Trade and Industry Appeals Tribunal
- the liability of accountants
- advising the clients of accountants: if specific expertise is required Marc has access to a network of well-known specialists with whom he holds regular brainstorming sessions.
- Knowledge of the accountancy profession is useful in other areas of law. Auditors’ reports are often used as evidence in proceedings and it is then good to know whether that report complies with the requirements set by extensive accountancy legislation. This also applies to advice given by accountants or valuations made within for example, the framework of negotiations on takeovers.